- The bottom part of the diamond, below the girdle.
- Pear Cut
- The Pear Cut is a combination of a Round brilliant and a Marquise cut. Pendants looks very nice set with a Pear shape as do earrings, due to the teardrop shape.
- Miniscule spots internal to a diamond. A cluster of pinpoints can form a cloud.
- A tiny opening, often looks like a white dot.
- 0.01 Carat
- Polish Lines
- Tiny parallel lines left by polishing.
- Polish Mark
- Surface clouding caused by excessive heat (also called burn mark, or burned facet), or uneven polished surface resulting from structural irregularities.
- Princess Cut
- The Princess Cut is relatively new. It is a very attractive cut. Some people like the Princess because it is rectangular and yet has some of the sparkle of a Round brilliant cut.