- An inclusion consisting of a large or deep opening in the diamond.
- Charactistic Color
- The basic, overall color of a fancy-colored diamond.
- A tiny piece missing from the diamond.
- Chipped Culet
- A culet whose point is missing.
- A group of tiny white inclusions which result in a milky or cloudy appearance.
- Coated Diamond
- A diamond colored by a surface coating which masks the true body-color; the coating may be extensive (entire pavilion, for example), but is more often limited to one or two pavilion facets or a spot on the girdle.
- The upper part of the diamond above the girdle. Consists of a large flat area on top called a table, and several facets below it.