- Part of the rough diamond remaining on the diamond itself, having survived the cutting process. This is usually the sign of a good cutter attempting to maximize the weight retention of the rough diamond.
- Natural Culet
- This means the culet has not been polished at all and the actual rough diamond was retained. It can be a sign of a good cutter.
- Near Colorless
- A general term for diamonds in the G-to-J color range.
- A long, thin rod-like crystal.
- A notch near the girdle of a facet edge.
- Normal Color Range
- Range of diamond colors from colorless to light yellow and light brown.